All dancers are required to pledge a minimum of $10 to be eligible to compete in the contest. Registration price includes $30 registration fee, $10 pledge, and a small transaction fee. Once payment is received you will receive a link to download the dancer application. Call 340-332-9115 with any questions.
Dance Mammothon Registration
Once payment is received, a link with a downloadable application will be sent to the email address on file.
- All contestants must complete each form. Forms will be delivered to your email address after registration. Each contestant pays $30 to enter and must raise a minimum of $10.00 through pledges. Contestants entering the contest the night of the contest will pay $40.00.
- All contestants must be paid in full by 8:00 PM Wednesday, May 1, 2019 if they want to be considered for ‘Most Pledge’ prize category.
- All contestants must be present on the dance floor by 8:00 PM the evening of the event.
- Contestants will wear a number on their back that will be pinned to clothing and visible at all times. Couples will wear the same number. Couples will start at #01. Single contestants will start at #25.
- Contestants are responsible for making sure the judges can see them at least for several minutes each hour and they must also dance in front of the judges for the 4 required dances.
- If the contestant is wearing a costume it must remain on for the entire competition.
- Contestants will be eliminated from the contest for non-movement for two consetive minutes while on the dance floor. This is at the judges’ discretion.
- Contestants must dance the Dollar Whine, Wobble, Cupid Shuffle and Twist, along with any style of choice, to be eligible for the overall prize. The DJ will announce when these dances are required to be performed.
- Judges will rate each contestant on a scale from 1-5 (one being lowest, 5 being highest) in each of the categories for which there are prizes (except age and longest).
- There will be prizes for longest on the dance floor (if only one left), best costume, best of the 3 individual dances (Dollar Whine, Twist, Wobble-10 min. each), and best overall dancer.
- Ten-minute breaks at 8:50; 9:50, 10:50.
- There will be a prize for the contestant that brings in the most money from their pledges. There is also a prize for the fraternity and sorority that bring in the most money pledges. These pledges must be turned in by May 1, 2019.
A Note to Contestants:
- Water will be served free of charge; however, any flavored beverage, juices, soda or alcohol is the financial responsibility of the individual contestant.
- We discourage driving yourself to this event if you’re a Dance Mammo-thon contestant as you may be very tired. We suggest having a friend of family member provide transportation to and from the event.
- We strongly discourage bringing any valuables unless you plan on keeping it on your person as you dance or have someone to watch your property. Neither The YAGF Inc. is responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of any items brought to the event